Outdoor Skills and Training Days
Please select the start date of your chosen day from the drop down list above.
Saturday 26th January 2019 - Wendover (Chilterns)
Saturday 16th February - Wendover (Chilterns)
Saturday 9th March - Edale (Peak District)
Saturday 6th April - Edale (Peak District)
Saturday 27th April - Wendover (Chilterns)
If you have a group enquiry we can also run bespoke weekends in any number of locations in the UK - contact us and we can discuss the various options available and organise something to suit your specific needs.
Our informative, interesting and highly useful training days are designed to provide you with a great opportunity to pick up lots of useful hints and tips, learn and apply some new skills.
You will also be going on a good day’s walk (approx 4-5 hours) which will help you determine your own fitness levels and put you through your paces on terrain similar to what you may experience abroad. You will also meet some like-minded people and have some fun as well!
Upon arrival you will be met by your instructors and receive a welcome brief and have the opportunity to meet your follow participants. You will have your first set of seminars and learn about personal clothing and what to pack in your day bag before departing on a day hike. The route depends upon the weather but is generally between 5-6 hours in lower to medium level terrain. During this walk you will have the opportunity to discuss your clothing and day bag in more detail and have the opportunity to learn about the health and safety that goes into a challenge prior to your departure and during your trip.
In the later afternoon you will have some more seminars and learn about some basic campcraft skills, camp administration, packing advice, hygiene cooking in the outdoors and about teamwork and supporting others whilst on your challenge.
You will also learn about basic navigation, pre challenge fitness training, health and wellbeing, walking techniques and have the opportunity to ask your instructors all the questions you may have. You will return to base, have the opportunity to change and ask any final questions before you depart.
The training element of the weekend is in a seminar format delivered inside and outside depending upon the subject. The various modules we deliver include:
- Trek Teamwork – learning the importance of teamwork on expedition and some of the skills you can use to enhance your own experience and that of your fellow trekkers.
- Personal clothing and equipment – What to wear and what not to wear. What to pack, how to pack it, where to buy it.
- Expedition Fitness – what types of training should you be undertaking for your expedition and what can you do to ensure your body is prepared for the activities you will be undertaking whilst on expedition.
- Health and Wellbeing – Personal hygiene, use of sun cream, keeping hydrated, warm ups and stretching, food and snacks
- Trekking Skills – Using walking poles, walking on different terrain, spacing, walking at altitude, walking at night.
- Basic outdoors first aid advice – what to look for and what you should take with you to ensure you are able to look after yourself whilst on expedition.
- Walking Techniques – how to tackle rough and steep terrain and how to try and minimize the risk of blisters and muscle strains.
- Outdoor Skills – the skills you need to ensure you and your team can remain safe and comfortable in the outdoors and get the most out of your outdoor experience.
Please also note that no food is included so please bring a packed lunch and snacks for the day.
For more information, enquire on availability and to book, contact us HERE or email us on email@example.com and we will respond ASAP.
If you want to join our mailing list please click here.
Cancellations by customer: 30% cancellation charge for any cancellations made more than 8 weeks ahead of the event. Less than 8 weeks and more than 4 weeks we charge a 50% cancellation charge. Less than 4 weeks we usually charge a 100% cancellation charge. We are happy, at our discretion, to transfer places to other dates upon request.
Cancellations by Inspired Outdoor Events: Please note that the weekends require a minimum number of participants to proceed. We will keep all customers updated on how numbers are progressing. If we have to cancel the weekend due to not hitting numbers we will make this decision no later than 4 weeks ahead of the event and a full refund will be provided.